24 September 2018 — See below for URGENT ACTION NEEDED — HEARING October 15, 2018 1pm
ANC 3/4G Resolution Opposing Small Cell Wireless and 5G Technology Without Studies Confirming Safety
“Rather than “winning the global race to 5G,” ANC 3/4G considers the protection of residents’ health and welfare to be the District’s highest priority — not simply making installations cheaper and easier. Instead of racing pell-mell to authorize small cell installations without any reliable basis for finding that they are safe, the District should oppose this federal imposition until scientific data shows that it will have no serious adverse consequences for District residents. We should not willingly participate in this population-wide experiment that could have catastrophic consequences.”
Public Hearing on 5G Deployment “Small cells” will be placed directly in front of homes as close as the nearest utility pole (potentially as close as ten feet from homes), and packed as closely together as 60 feet from one antenna to the next. (Please note that’s just for one side of the street…across the street can mirror the same dense network.) These “small cells are coming unless DC residents raise their voices loud and clear and say NO, by showing up at 1:00 pm on Monday, Oct 15th
You are invited to Oppose the DC Hearing Small Cell 5G Transmitters in Neighborhood Streets
- When: Monday, October 15, 2018 at 1:00 pm
- Where: Room 200 of 1100 4th St SW.
- Why: Washington is about to deploy 5G small cells but first they need to build the cell towers in front of your homes to make 5G work.
- Who Can Come? PSC meetings are open to the public and the PSC welcomes testimony from all parties.”
Contact PSC staff at:PublicSpace.Committee@dc.govif you wish to testify. Do you live, work or visit DC? Then you have a stake in this new deployment and we hope all who care about DC will come to let their voice be heard.
Who is opposed? Lots of Washington DC citizens and the DC Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) are waking up to this issue!
Read what the DC Committee of 10 says in their blog post5G Small Cell Rollout in DC – What You Need to Know
The Washington DC Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC) on 3G/4G also issued a resolution opposing these “small cells”.Opposing Small Cell Wireless And 5G Technology Without Studies Confirming Safetywhich was unanimously passed by ANC 3/4G September 24, 2018
- Link to: Page of Master license agreements
- Link to: Draft Guidelines
- Link to: ADVISORY NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSION 3/4G
- Link to: 5G Small Cell Rollout in DC – What You Need to Know”
- Link to: Opposing Small Cell Wireless And 5G Technology Without Studies Confirming Safety” Unanimously Passed By ANC 3/4G September 24, 2018
- Link to: Draft Small Cell Guidelines
- Link to: EH Trust Moratorium
- Link to: EH Trust Doctors Letters Against Cell Tower placmennt
- [Link to](https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/5g-is-in-reach-but-only-if-we-set-the-right-policies/2018/09/26/9d5c322e-c1c7-11e8-8f06-009b39c3f6dd_story.html?utm_
The District must not install any Wireless Telecommunications Facility (WTF),Small Cellor otherwise, any closer than 2,500 feet from residences.
- Crown Castle
Each of these agreements can and should be cancelled due to fraud in the inducement because none of them adequately protects the District from the liability transfer for health damages from RF-EMR exposures, explained well in this seminal letter that we credit for moving votes in CA against the CASmall Cell DeploymentBill, SB 649: Votes went from 32-1 the first time though the CA Senate to 22-18 the second time through — which gave Gov. Jerry Brown the comfort he needed to veto the bill on Oct 15, 2017: http://scientists4wiredtech.com/2017/10/gov-brown-be-smart-veto-sb649/
Without cancelling these agreements, the second step, the meeting on October 15, is justDemocracy theater— a discussion with little chance of changing the outcome.
Strong Recommendation: attack the existing MLA licensing agreements during the Oct. 15 meeting and demand each agreement be cancelled and then renegotiated, following a public process that includes citizen input.
Please note: according to the draft ordinance, the main artery between the Capitol and the White House – Pennsylvania Ave. NW between 1st and 15th Streets will be exempted from “small cells” altogether. This exemption includes the Capitol, the White House and the Trump Hotel. If history serves – the more affluent areas will be able to minimize the deployment in their neighborhood as well.
Special Thanks to Kate Kheel @ https://whatis5g.info and
Paul McGavin @ http://scientists4wiredtech.com/about/