Send Message BEFORE September 18 to OPPOSE FCC
“Accelerating Wireless Broadband Deployment by Removing Barriers to Infrastructure Investment”
Standard comments (to upload documents)
Key points below adapted from TeleComPowerGrab.org Take Action!
Express your strong opposition to the rollout of 5G across America. Below are some points you might consider using in your comments:
“Accelerating Wireless Broadband Deployment by Removing Barriers to Infrastructure Investment” is an assault on local and state rights as well as public health.
- Despite what the industry says, the race to implement 5G is completely unnecessary. It will not improve cell phone reception or assist first-responders in an emergency. It will not magically bring broadband to underserved or rural communities and fix the digital divide. This massive build-out of wireless infrastructure is to enable telecom companies to send powerful signals into provide homes to compete with cable companies.
- 5G is not a utility, and the Federal government should not allow any private industry to override local zoning regulations or discretionary review. For-profit companies should not be permitted to use public property without compensating taxpayers, or use private rights-of-way without consent of property owners.
- Growing evidence of harm from RF microwave radiation is making Americans like me vehemently opposed to the placement of 4G/5G antennas near our homes and apartments. It should be my choice as to whether I want my family to be exposed or not.
- There are now thousands of independent, peer-reviewed and published studies proving harm from exposure to wireless radiation, and new alarming studies continue to come out every day. This is a similar situation to tobacco and asbestos. We know what happened in those cases. Placing 4G/5G antennas just a few feet from houses and apartments, and forcing citizens into 24/7 involuntary exposure in some sort of giant experiment is wrong.
- Wireless infrastructure consumes at least ten times as much energy as wired technologies. A massive build-out of 5G will significantly increase demand for power, resulting in greater greenhouse gas emissions and pollution.
- Extreme weather events now routinely occur around the country – wildfires, hurricanes, flash floods, mudslides, drought. These events are causing local governments to carefully examine the implications of hanging hundreds of pounds of wireless transmission equipment on telephone poles in their residential neighborhoods.
- We already have a better solution anyway: Fiber optic is proven, it’s safe, secure and much, much faster.