Cell Tower Scientific Studies
The following studies indicate cell towers are biologically hazardous:
- Health effects of living near mobile phone base transceiver station (BTS) antennae: a report from Isfahan, Iran concludes, ”
It is suggested that cellular phone BTS antenna should not be sited closer than 300 m to populations to minimize exposure of neighbors.” (984 feet)
- Evaluation of Mobile Phone and Cordless Phone Use and Glioma Risk Using the Bradford Hill Viewpoints from 1965 on Association or Causation
concludes,”RF radiation should be regarded as a human carcinogen causing glioma.”
- Association of Exposure to Radio-Frequency Electromagnetic Field Radiation (RF-EMFR) Generated by Mobile Phone Base Stations with Glycated Hemoglobin (HbA1c) and Risk of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
“It is concluded that exposure to high RF-EMFR generated by MPBS is associated with elevated levels of HbA1c
- The effect of Base Transceiver Station waves on some immunological and hematological factors in exposed persons
identifies detrimental impacts on the blood and the immune system.
- Effect of electromagnetic radiations from mobile phone base stations on general health and salivary function indicates, “A majority of the subjects who were residing near the mobile base station complained of sleep disturbances, headache, dizziness, irritability, concentration difficulties, and hypertension.“
- Exposure to non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation from mobile telephony and the association with psychiatric symptoms finds,”
Exposure to electromagnetic radiation from mobile phone base stations and other electronic devices was associated with psychiatric symptoms, independently of gender, schooling, and smoking status. The adoption of precautionary measures to reduce such exposure is recommended.”
- See additional Cell Tower Health Effects studies posted by Joel M. Moskowitz, Ph.D., Director, Center for Family and Community Health, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley:
- Joel Moskowitz, Ph.D, at the University of California, Berkeley, offers these additional resources at his EMR Safety website:
- Despite the independent science showing biological effects, the industry continues to place 3G and 4G antennas in close proximity to the public. We see towers in neighborhoods, on school and community center grounds, playing fields, antennas on water towers and in church steeples.
- The 3G and 4G bands of electromagnetic radiation spectrum are almost maxed out so the industry and FCC are planning their next steps.
- The FCC and telecommunications industry is fast-tracking 5G/Internet of Things at the Federal and State levels. They are aiming to put cell tower antennas in at street level in our neighborhoods to provide the infrastructure for 5G (fifth-generation wireless technology) and the Internet of things (IoT).
- What’s the rush? The U.S. National Toxicology Program’s $30M study has already reported wireless radiation causes DNA damage, brain and heart tumors. The industry is trying to get this toxic 5G infrastructure in place before the public catches on.
- Longtime World Health Organization advisor Anthony B. Miller, M.D., confirmed in 2017 radiofrequency (RF) radiation from any source now fully meets the criteria to be classified as a “Group 1 carcinogenic to humans” agent:http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/cancer-expert-declares-cell-phone-and-wireless-radiation-as-carcinogenic-to-humans-849135.htm
- On June 20, 2016 FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler indicated the priority with 5G is to be first to market, regardless of public health or safety. He states, “Unlike some countries, we do not believe we should spend the next couple of years studying what 5G should be, how it should operate, and how to allocate spectrum, based on those assumptions. Like the examples I gave earlier, the future has a way of inventing itself. Turning innovators loose is far preferable to expecting committees and regulators to define the future. We won’t wait for the standards to be first developed in the sometimes arduous standards-setting process or in a government-led activity.” See his six-page speech below:https://www.fcc.gov/document/remarks-chairman-wheeler-future-wireless
Cell Towers in Church Spires & On Buildings
Schools Banning Cell Towers
- See the Environmental Health Trust for information to provide schools:
Communities Taking Action
To see how the conversation went at the Board of Selectmen meeting, skip ahead to any of the following segments (other non-related items are covered at the beginning of the meeting):
The town established a website to share with the public each of the small cell applications, letters of concern, staff comments and reports. These provide a view into what this process looks like when telecoms submit applications, how municipalities can retain control, and how citizens can engage in the process:
- Citizens in Monterey, California share their strategy for successfully rejecting cell towers:
See also the 5G and IoT page for additional information.
Note: The information provided here is publicly available on the Internet.
It is intended to provide a starting point to inform you of EMF dangers.
Please do your own research, draw your own conclusions, and act accordingly to protect those you love.