May 19, 2022 |
“Existing concerns regarding potential negative health effects from electromagnetic fields (EMF) are only likely to increase. An uptick in liability claims could be a potential long-term consequence.”
Link To_Swiss Re SONAR
SWISS RE CLASSIFIES 5G AS “HIGH” IMPACT EMERGING RISK IN WHITE PAPER
May 29, 2012 | By Environmental Health Trust
Swiss Re SONAR New emerging risk insights
White Paper: 5G rated as a “high impact” emerging risk
5G is rated as a “high impact” emerging risk affecting property and casualty claims in more than 3 years.
“As the biological effects of EMF in general and 5G in particular are still being debated, potential claims for health impairments may come with a long latency.”
- Cyber exposures are significantly increased with 5G, as attacks become faster and higher in volume. This increases the challenge of defence.
- Growing concerns of the health implications of 5G may lead to political friction and delay of implementation, and to liability claims. The introductions of 3G and 4G faced similar challenges.
- Information security and national sovereignty concerns might delay implementation of 5G further, increasing uncertainty for planning authorities, investors, tech companies and insurers.
- Heated international dispute over 5G contractors and potential for espionage or sabotage could affect international cooperation, and impact financial markets negatively.
- As the biological effects of EMF in general and 5G in particular are still being debated, potential claims for health impairments may come with a long latency.”
Read the 2019 Swiss Re Report
[https://ehtrust.org/wp-content/uploads/Swiss-Re-SONAR-Publication-2019-excerpt.pdf]Read more about how cell phones and wireless are classified as high risk at EHT Industry White Papers.